Special aspects of photo-realistic courses
A photorealistic course - is the best type of training courses in case you want to make your course as close to reality as possible and if the video course for some reasons does not suit your aims.
That type of courses is entirely based on specially taken photos and may include all the elements of a common interactive course (buttons, popups, prompts) including infographics, animations and even videos.
What are the aims of a photorealistic course?
It helps to practice the skills of sales and negotiations, including those with the conflict clients, i.e. the skills that will be useful when dealing with people. This task is easily managed by a photorealistic course as the depiction of people’s real emotions and actions says more than their description.
A photorealistic course will be extremely useful to improve skills in sales and negotiations, including with conflict clients, that is, skills in working with people.
- Usage of professional photos. It is exactly the case when even the smallest detail can be considered in advance and it will help to get the perfect situational picture
- Reality of the situation. The users are immersed into the situation as they follow the "life" of the course characters with interest
- Situational test tasks. The use of photos allows to simulate situations that can really happen in everyday life
- Design of unique slides which represent the ideal combination of photos, interactive elements and animation
In general, the development of a photorealistic course includes the following:
Methodological processing of materials.
1) Development of the course script and exposure sheet with descriptions of future photos.
2) Selection of actors, shooting in the company’s studio or in a live environment as per the Customer's request.
3) Taking pictures (in the presence of the course team scriptwriter or illustrator so that the actors exactly follow the script).
4) Photo editing
5) Drawing of the course player and visual elements and infographics required for the course.
6) The course player programming.
7) Programming of animations and infographics.
8) The course compilation, proofreading and technical check.
9) Packing the course in SCORM and uploading it into the LMS system.
What initial information is required to develop a photo-realistic course?
- Theoretical material and case studies necessary for script writing and practical exercises including description of scenes and angles of photos
- The list of requirements for exercises in the course. If they should be situational, it is better to base them on the photos and include them into the shooting script at once
- The list of requirements to the actors and their appearance
- The list of requirements to search for the right place of shooting or for a professional Studio as well as to setting the light
How to make the photography process the most efficient
Taking photos is the most important part in creating photorealistic courses. However, it is preceded by the process which is also extremely important, that is, the preparation process.
To make the shooting successful, we would recommend to pay attention to the following:
• The script should contain a description of the scene participants and right angles of shooting (if necessary, a storyboard with sketches is prepared in advance)
• To make meaningful edits to the photos (for example, to replace one character with another one in an already taken photo) is quite a complicated and expensive process. That is why it is strongly recommended to discuss and agree every detail in advance, i.e. the place, the time and the content of the future shooting
• To avoid any possible errors of the operator or actors caused by misunderstanding of any detail, the presence of a responsible designer or a script writer should be provided